9.22.2007

Modified Monkeys


I finished the Modified Monkeys last Saturday. These are knit in Gypsy Girl Creations fingering weight, in the coloway Flower Child. I thought. When I tried them on, one of them was 3/4" shorter than the one that actually fit. What the heck? The number of pattern repeats matched, so near as I can figure, my row gauge must've changed. They looked the same. But they were different. Alas, I had to frog the toe of the offender and knit a few rows plain and *then* start the toe decreases. Here is an on-the-foot shot. Man, is it ever hard to take a semi-decent picture of your own foot!


The other modification I made (beside reknitting the toe) was to knit all of the purl stitches. I wish I could remember where I first saw that idea, to give credit where credit is due. It was a nice change from the first pair of Monkeys, shown below, before all of the ends were woven in.



These were done in Claudia Hand Painted Yarn, fingering weight, colorway Sharks.
I did the cuff on Addi 2.75 mm needles and switched to 2.5mm at the heel flap for both pairs.
Next up? More socks, of course. I'm debating between starting Thuja socks for my brother for Christmas and another pair of RPM socks for myself. Decisions, decisions. There is plenty of STR in the Sock Yarn Collection to accomplish both.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Now, those are happy socks!

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

Becky said...

Cute socks! :-)

Alison said...

The Sharks colorway, by the way, in the silk lace, is what I knit with one strand of Jaggerspun Zephyr in Peacock for Kathleen's shawl on my blog, back in October. Just in case you want to see what that mix does with that colorway.

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

SkeinGoddess said...

fabulous socks, congrats, I like the pink blend of the top pair. I just added your blog to stumbleupon.com now I can be a frequent reader!